- Trauma and Orthopaedics
- Band 5
- Full Time 37.5 hours per week
- £26,682 - £34,049 per annum inc.
- Today at 23:59
The Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Trust (RNOH) is the largest orthopaedic hospital in the UK, and is regarded as a leader in the field of orthopaedics both in the UK and world-wide.
The RNOH provides a comprehensive range of neuro-musculoskeletal health care, ranging from the most acute spinal injury or complex bone tumour to orthopaedic medicine and specialist rehabilitation for chronic back pain sufferers. This broad range of services is unique within the NHS.
As a national centre of excellence, the RNOH treats patients from across the country, many of whom have been referred by other hospital consultants for second opinions or for treatment of complex or rare conditions.
Patients benefit from a team of highly specialised consultants, many of whom are nationally and internationally recognised for their expertise and experience. Consultants are supported in their work by nurses, therapists and other specialist clinical staff who are trained and are experts in their particular fields of orthopaedic care.
The RNOH plays a major role in teaching, 20% of all UK orthopaedic surgeons receive training here. Our teaching and clinical effectiveness are enhanced by our work in research and development and our academic links with University College, London. Research departments at Stanmore include the Institute of Orthopaedics, the Centre for Disability Research and Innovation, the Institute of Human Performance and the Centre for Biomedical Engineering.
The RNOH works closely with other hospitals and trusts, with whom we have joint appointments to ensure maximum availability of specialist skills for patients. Our patients benefit from access to Aspire Leisure Centre which is located on site and hosts first-class facilities for able-bodied and disabled people.
Are you a student nurse finalist who will qualify in 2019, whose clinical placements have been within North Central London (NCL) health and care organisations? If so then at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital we have Band 5 roles ready for you for when you graduate.
In readiness for your move from student nurse to registered nurse we will support you every step of the way. You will be fully supported by our accredited Preceptorship programmes.
All NCL trusts are part of the Capital Nurse scheme and under this are able to give early offers of employment to you for Band 5 nurse posts for when you qualify. The RNOH have so many exciting opportunities for you some which might surprise you!
- We have just opened a brand new wing to our hospital offering the very latest technology to support you in your working environment
- We are a specialist orthopaedic hospital treating patients from the UK and globally with neuro-muscular orthopaedic conditions
We would like to help you find the perfect first staff nurse role to suit you.
We need kind caring, compassionate nurses who want to help the RNOH continue to provide outstanding and effective care as rated by the CQC. In return, we will welcome your application and support you fully.
As per the letter we sent you through your university, here is our guaranteed offer to you:
Here’s our offer to you, our 5-step guarantee:
- A guarantee of an interview following your application
- There will be no assessment other than a short value-based interview. The values either being those of the Trust you are applying to or those of the NHS
- That a conditional offer will be given to you within 24hrs of the interview
- That you will be supported by a 1-year Capital Nurse Preceptorship programme whichever Trust you choose
- Opportunity to work as a Band 4 Healthcare Support Worker after your degree programme until your NMC registration is confirmed
In addition, we are able to offer you:
- Access to rotation schemes across the Trust
- A comprehensive 12-month preceptorship programme for newly qualified nurses in which you will be supported by our practice development teams and the nurse education team
- On-going learning and development opportunities including leadership courses and advanced clinical skills
- Individually tailored career development pathways
- Internal Transfer opportunities
- Working with supportive, friendly and forward-thinking teams
What to do next?
Complete the online application - carefully read all of the information we offer attached to the advert, the job description and any documents in the ‘additional information’ section of the advert.
Once you’ve done this you will receive a response as soon as the advert is closed inviting you promptly to an interview at your convenience – we appreciate how busy you might be in your final year of placements and examinations
We look forward to hearing from you!
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
our nursing workforce department on 07785996815 to discuss in person the opportunities we have available for you at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital.
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0208 909 5745