- Medicine and Therapies
- Band 6
- Fixed Term or Secondment for 24 months
- Part time 22.5 hours per week
- Stanmore, Middlesex
- £36,070 - £42,712 per annum inc. (pro rata)
- 23/09/2020 23:59
The Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Trust is the largest orthopaedic hospital in the UK and a global leader in our field. We provide a dynamic working environment where we support frontline staff to implement improvements so that we can realise our vision of being a world leading neuro musculoskeletal hospital providing the best patient care and staff experience in the NHS, delivering world leading research, and offering a strong foundation of education, training and career progression. Our dedicated staff come from diverse backgrounds, and our patients benefit from the wide range of experience they bring to the Trust. The RNOH brings unrivalled expertise together in one place allowing us to deliver some of the world’s most complex and innovative care to our patients
- Rated Good by the CQC
- Two sites, one in central London and one in Stanmore - which has recently opened The Stanmore Building, a new, state-of-the-art inpatient facility
- Our Research and Innovation Centre works closely with our main academic partner, University College London
- Recognised as a centre of excellence, leading on national initiatives, such as the Getting It Right First Time (GIRFT) Programme
- Further major redevelopment underway across the Stanmore site – improving and modernising our facilities to maintain our position as the UK’s leading centre for orthopaedic medicine
- In the NHS staff survey, over 90% of our staff were satisfied with the quality of care they are able to give to patients - the best result of any NHS Trust in the country
- Our staff also indicated that they had the best experience of appraisals as compared to all other NHS Trusts.
This is a great time to join us and play a critical role in the next stage of RNOH’s journey to achieving an outstanding CQC rating.
Our aim is to remain a world-leading orthopaedic hospital with the best patient care and staff experience in the NHS. To do this, we have four core values that underpin everything that we do. We use our values to help ensure that we are always focused on the things that our staff and patients believe are most important:
- Patients first, always
- Excellence, in all we do
- Trust, honesty and respect, for each other
- Equality, for all
Our annual staff survey results have been improving year on year, with our staff telling us that their experience of working at the Trust is getting better and better. They also indicate that our staff feel very loyal to the RNOH and committed to its role in providing the very best care to our complex patient group. We hope that we can welcome you to our growing team soon.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Registered Nurse with an enthusiasm for developing their research skills to take a lead role in the conduct of a clinical study in the field of Neuro-urology.
The research team at the London Spinal Cord Injury Centre, have secured funding for an innovative project entitled ‘FIGS - Feasibility study of Intra-vesical Gentamicin in the Prevention of Recurrent UTI’s in People with SCI’ from the Stoke Mandeville Spinal Research. The project will run for 2 years and hopes to make a significant impact on the quality of life for people living with spinal cord injury. The results of the feasibility study will be used to make an application for a larger study.
We are looking for an enthusiastic nurse, with experience in urology and/or spinal cord injury who would like to develop their skills in research. They will need to be motivated, able to take initiative and work well in a multi-disciplinary team. For further details please see the Job Description and Person Specification.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
Sarah Knight on 02039470606 or email email@example.com